THE FOLLOWING JOURNAL ENTRY IS A BONUS ASSIGNMENT: YOU DON’T NEED TO DO IT, BUT IF YOU DO IT COULD HELP YOUR MARKS.
Hey There Ostrich Lovers,
I hope you had a nice holiday. Just before the break I forced you to watch a film that did not contain any of the following things: explosions, car chases, farting animals, robots, farting robots or Zack Galafinakis. Understandably, about half the class tuned out and Shirley fell asleep.
Well, I’m glad I did anyway. I think this film has a lot of parallels to the story we are currently reading. Much like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, this film contained elements such as:
- A complex mystery
- A lead character with psychological issues
- A detective that is very logical
- Secrets from the past returning to haunt people
I want you to write a journal response to the film. Here are a few places to start.
- Give a review of the film. What did you think? Did you like it or not? Why or why not?
- What specifics elements does the novel share with this film (I know I listed some above but be specific)? Which one – the book or the film – did them better and why?
- What is it about mysteries that attracts people? Why do we want to read/watch them?
That should be enough to fill one journal entry.
Where there is mystery, it is generally suspected there must also be evil – Lord Byron