Hey there Gumps and SlingBlades,
Congratulations on finishing your film assignments. I’m really looking forward to showing them to our special guest next week.
The film assignment will be assessed in three ways.
1. Use of class time
You’ve all done really well in this regard. All deadlines were met, use of class time was focussed and filming was efficient and productive. Well done.
2. The Film
This will take a bit of time as I watch them over to see that all the criteria were met.
3. Peer Evaluation Journal Entry
I’ve decided that instead of giving you a separate sheet for the peer evaluation, I’d simply make it the second journal entry this term. Here’ s the areas I want you to cover…
- What role did you play in this production? Was it the one you wanted to play?
- What were some of the difficulties you encountered in production? Problems with equipment, ideas, colleagues?
- How closely did your initial vision and the final product resemble each other?
- How happy were you with the final product?
- Did you learn anything about film making from this assignment?
- If you had to do it again, would you do anything differently?
That’s it. This is our second journal for the term. They’ll be a couple more before the year is done.
Keep on keepin’ on.
A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it. -Alfred Hitchcock