Hey there Children of the Corn,
As you know, I was planning an assignment based on the film The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. However, I time has been somewhat hampered by summative stuff and I won’t be able to do what I originally planned. I’m sure you’re not too broken up by having less work to do.
Instead, I’ve decided to create a bonus assignment that you can include in your journals when you hand them in. Like the Truman Show assignment, you can complete it in your journal. I will mark is separately from your journal entries, giving it a grade out of ten. This mark will replace a prior mark (assuming it’s higher) of approximate value.
Bonus Journal Assignment:
Using the film language you have acquired this term, write a film analysis of The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. A film analysis should include the following information:
- Your opinion of the film, citing specific reasons of what did or didn’t work for you.
- Descriptions of interesting scenes and shots, using your knowledge of film language do describe and analyze them.
- Any thoughts about the message/moral of the film
- Suggestions for improvement
- Any films it reminded you of, making sure to explain why
That should be more than enough. Remember, this entry should be double in length of a normal journal entry (approximately 2 pages) and neatness/spelling does count.
Remember, this is a BONUS ASSIGNMENT. You don’t have to do this. But, if your mark is in trouble, every little bit helps.