Today we worked on our second prompt. It was an attempt to write a little satire. To do this we studies 3 news briefs, two from THE ONION and one from THE BEAVERTON. All three followed the exact same style.
- Opening: All the conceptual information
- Mid Section: Quote from person involved
- End: Expansion on joke with added information
I then asked every to try writing their own.
Here’s how to write one.
- Pick something that you hate/makes you mad/annoys you
- Think about the specific thing about that person/situation that makes you mad
- Write a news brief that mocks that specific thing.
Use the handout as a guide. If you have difficulty, ask other students what they did. All the ones people read to the class were excellent.