At the end of last class I gave you two short stories to read:
FAT by Raymond Carver
THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO by Edgar Allan Poe
Today we did the following things…
- I did a quick check to make sure all (some??? a few??? one???) of you have read the stories.
- We ran this story though the same series of questions as the other ones we’ve looked at so far: What is it’s purpose? Who’s story is it? What is the tone? What kind of language does it use? Is it a successful story?
- With my computer fixed, we were finally able to watch the Andrew Stanton video that I wanted to show you the first day.
NEXT THREE CLASSES:
- Wednesday – One more story and film
- Monday- Quiz on all the stories
- Wednesday – Library for short story assignment
After that we’re done short stories an onto 1984…the novel..not the year.